With a B.A. in Dance and a M.A. in Women’s Spirituality, Mela Amaiya believes in using the body as a portal to activate the divine within. Rooted in folkloric dance and spiritual studies, her classes explore technique, sensuality, embodiment and empowerment.
Her thesis work focused on healing through movement designed to activate the Chakra system. This is the foundation for her bi-annual Anahata Weekend Retreats and 3-month intensives, and her weekly fusion dance classes, WATA (Urban Chakra Movement) and Salsa Du Ventre (Salsa Belly Dance).
Mela has danced with numerous Bay Area Cuban Dance companies and is currently deepening her training with Suhaila Salimpour (Belly dance) and Roberto Borrell (Cuban dance), among others in the Bay Area, along with taking private classes in Cuba twice annually. She loves teaching, sharing the joy of dance, and supporting her students to bloom on all levels.
- BA in Latin American Literature and Economics, Earlham College.
- Certificate in International Development & Project Management, American University in Cairo.
- Certificate in Insurance Billing for Acupuncture, American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Over 10 years of experience in Project Management and Customer Service
Laura has extensive experience in project management and customer service. After working for 5 years in project management of International Supply Chains, Laura is eager to apply the same skill set to the integrated health field. More specifically, providing excellent customer service to all OAIMC customers and project management of OAIMC’s rapidly growing portfolio of events, programs, and services.
- California State Certified Neuromuscular Massage Therapist and Health Educator
- Graduate of National Holistic Institute – the first nationally accredited school for Massage Therapy (1120 hrs of education)
Trained in both Eastern and Western modalities:
- Myofascial Therapy
- Deep Tissue
- Neuromuscular Therapy (Trigger Point specialist)
- Basic Lymphatic Techniques
- Sports Massage (pre and post-event support)
Christina tailors her bodywork sessions based on her clients’ needs. She
uses thorough evaluation with her clients to help provide custom
therapeutic sessions. With her knowledge and training she helps facilitate
the healing process of her clients on a physiological and energetic level.
Christina specializes in Neuromuscular Therapy & Health Education. This work focuses on treating the root causes of acute and chronic pain. It is also very
supportive and effective in post- injury treatment to decrease pain and
scar tissue and restore range of motion. Christina’s mission is to help bring overall well-being to her clients by educating and empowering them to take control of their health.
- California Licensed Acupuncturist
- Masters in Chinese Acupuncture & Herbology (AIMC Berkeley, CA)
- CSOMA Professional Board Director
- Ace Certified Personal Trainer
- Micro-Current Therapy
- Constitutional Facial Rejuvenation™
- Acupuncture & Integrative College of Berkeley: 3400 hours of study and training
- Pain & injury training: San Francisco 49ers (Acupuncture)
- Residency at UC Berkeley (CAL Bears Athletics): treating acute and chronic injury
- Counseling, nutrition, stress and pain relief that affect our physical and emotional being
- PhyzioQuest Institute: Reposturizing massage and body manipulation
- Therapeutic Learning Center: Shiatsu
- Facial Micro-current Therapy
- Constitutional Facial Rejuvenation™ Specialist
- Minor in Aerospace Science (USAF Reserve Officer Training Corps)
- BA in Politcal Science
- Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Five Branches University, Santa Cruz, CA
- DAOM Candidate, Five Branches University, San Jose, CA
- Tui Na Certificate, Dunsan University, Daejeon, Korea
- Tui Na Certificate, Zheijiang University, Hangzhou, China
- 200- Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Atmananda Center, NY
Kevin Craft earned a Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine and is completing his Doctorate in Integrative Medicine at Five Branches University in 2016. He studied in Zhejiang University in China and DunSan Hospital in Korea and is mentored by Dr. Frank He, the creator of Muscle Channel Technique (MCT) and founder of HeCares Sports Medicine. Kevin is a talented healer and specializes in pain management (decreasing pain and increasing mobility), sports medicine, hypertension, and gastrointestinal disorders, among many conditions.