In the spring metabolism naturally raises. One should cleanse from the fatty and heavy foods that were consumed in the winter. Spring is the time to have a lighter diet, the lightest of the year.
1. Eat: young plants, fresh greens, sprouts, immature wheat and other cereal type grasses.
2. Don’t Eat: Salty foods (Soy sauce, miso, sodium rich food –i.e. bacon).
3. Consume combinations of Sweet & Pungent Foods, Traditional Chinese Medicine believes this “Renews the Spring Within”. Mix very little sweetener with pungent herbs. For example, Honey-Mint Tea. Make additional combinations from the following lists:
4. Cook foods for shorter periods of time, the inner part of vegetables should not be completely cooked/soft.
5. RAW FOODS! Springtime is perfect for enjoying: sprouted grains, beans, seeds, fresh vegetables, fruits
6. Springtime is a time to support and cleanse the liver. Incorporate the following nutritious foods into your diet to awaken the liver out of stagnancy:
7. Consume the following nutritious foods to detoxify the liver from all of those holiday cocktails:
8. One more list for the liver, Foods which accelerate liver rejuvenation
Source: Healing with Whole Foods, by Paul Pitchford